Listen In: Baby swing, Bedknobs and Broomsticks on the TV ( I loved this movie as a child and DD7 had decided she does too!)
View out the Window: Dark
Beauty in the Common things: Peaceful nights
Dinner Plans: fend for yourself...had McDonalds Day today
So, today I took Baby boy to the doctor for his 4 month check up and shots. I hate the shots part! He now weighs 14lbs and 10 oz and is 27 inches long...and he is getting his first tooth~!!!! This makes for a very adorable and grumpy baby! Dr. Davis told me to stop freaking out about his large soft spot and the little ridges I can feel...he assured me this would smooth out and be fine. Ok...between us...I am still freaking out about it! He is eating food now too! We have had: cerals-he hates those, apples, bananas, pears, and carrots. He loves Carrots! I think I will do green beans next. That should be fun. I made all of his veggies baby food myself. Not that it was hard...by organic veggies, steam them, and puree in the blender. Done! I got these way cool ice tray things for baby food at babiesrus and I love them. You can freeze the babies food in these little 2oz wedges. So, I have baggies of Carrots, squash, sweet potatos, and green beans in the freezer. The fruit I have been buying at the store in premade jars.
Yesterday was American Heros day at the girls school. I will post pictures later. DD7 was Sacaqweah? and DD5 was Sally Ride. I wanted her to be Krista McColluff..but I deciede that might be in poor taste. DD7 wants to learn to scrapbook and make signs with me. I dont' know if I am ready to let her loose with my scrapbooking supplies. But, It does give me a good Christmas present Idea for her.
So, a friend of mine tagged me:
Seven random things about me:
1. It took me 5 summers to learn to waterski and I never was able to use a kneeboard. The first time I did get up on the ski's, I was so shocked I just let go!
2. I have to stop and read the historical markers on the roads I drive by, I just think it is so interesting to know what happened here before. I love history! Last summer, on the way to Luckenbach we stopped at a road side historical marker to find a hundred year old school house...it still had a well in front. Very cool!
3. Along those same lines...I have a British coin in my car that was minted in 1875! Think about who could have had it. Back then only the very rich had money and coins to spend. Wow!
4. I met my DH in the college bar hangout Shenanigans. My roommate wanted to introduce me to her boyfriends bull riding partner. I remember thinking...please let the cute one with the great eyes be mine! Thank the Lord for being in the wrong place at the right time! By the way...her boyfriend was NOT a bullrider and DH was not his partner! : ) Now you know that is funny!
5. I refuse to live where I have to drive thru cornfields and will not live near active fault lines either! But, to those who will....More power to ya!
6. I wish I lived in the country, on a farm, and didn't have to do any of the physical labor! I actually miss having to get Mammaw's special brand of fertilizer...or actually I just miss my Mammaw! I know she is watching over me though.
7. Hurricane Ike destroyed my hometown on the same day of the year that my beloved Mammaw died. September 13. Isn't that wierd? Not really about me...but I just realized that a few days ago and it really freaks me out!
Ok, I tag...
It says we have to do seven...I don't know seven bloggers....so Julie is picked!
Ok, I am tired and I am going to bed!