On the 18th of this month, my family reached our first Georgia milestone...one year as Georgian's...I thought it would be appropriate to mention...ok, whine about the things I miss from home. In no particular order they are:
1. Kolaches...fresh from the oven cheesy goodness. Especially the ones we got as kids from "One Grand Donut Stand". Those were the BEST!
2. Mom and Pop type Donut Shops. Where are they? And I am so very sorry... Dunkin Donuts is NOT one.
3. Bluebonnets, Indian Paint Brushes, Mexican Blankets, and fields of sweet rye grass.
4. Homecoming Mum's... Who knew this was a Texas thing!
5. Mexican Food and what I mean by Mexican Food is Tex Mex. Oh my word. There are not words to describe what they call Mexican food here. Just. Not. Words!
6. A Horizon. Nothing but trees here as far as the eye can see.
7. Wranglers and Cowboy Hats.
9. Tuesdays with the McYaYa's. Ok so this isn't technically a Texas thing...but it happened in Texas so it counts!
10. Friends and Family close enough to drive over and visit with.
Other than that...we love it here. Texas will always be home but Georgia is getting there....well, if you let go of the desire to have decent Mexican food!