October 23, 2012

A Pinterest pin that Works!

So I am ADDICTED to Pinterest.  I mean it may be worse than my addiction to Dr Pepper and THAT is saying something.  I LOVE to craft and cook and just look at what other people post.  I have something like 1994 pins and about 450 likes...as of right now! lol  Now the real question here is, "how many pins have I actually done?"  Well, in reality quite a few!  Let me tell you about one I tried last night: 

One of my Friends from Church in Texas pinned this great link, How to De Funk Your Bath Towels from the website www.mythirtyspot.com.  I don't know about you but this has been an issue for us.  Somehow there seems to always be a couple of towels that get that "funk".  Nothing works.  Washing, Bleaching, Praying..nothing.  This happens with bath towels, wash cloths, and kitchen rags.  Drives me flipping crazy and I usually throw them out.  What a waste of money!  So, I was equal parts skeptical and excited when this pin filtered through to me. 

So, basically this is the drill.  Use super hot water and one cup of vinegar and NOTHING else to wash the towels.  Then wash them a 2nd time with super hot water and 1/2 cup of baking soda.  Then dry them.  You will end up with clean, fresh, fluffy towels again.  Sweet deal right?!  Even better y'all..it actually works.  I had a few towels in this condition and some kitchen rags that where destined for the trash can.  Last night I gave it a try and now I have wonderful clean towels.  Even the kitchen rags.  They don't have the kitcheny greasy smell any more.  (is kitcheny even a word?)

Give it a try!  You won't be sorry!

Blessings!

No comments: